Welcome Everyone

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY AND READING MY BLOG!!

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Besties after 30!





When was the last time you made a new friend? Or grabbed an early morning cup of coffee with an old friend? How often do you reach out to old friends, a good morning text, a phone call saying hey, a Facebook post on their wall asking them how are they doing? It's hard keeping in touch with family members let alone friends..... But people make time for the things and people they want to.....

My availability is different then most of my friends so at times it seems a little lonely in my world. Majority of the people I call "friend" I went to high school with and we have a bond that non Dodge HS people wouldn't understand. So I decided to create an ad on Craigslist in the platonic section seeking out friends.... This may sound desperate to you but for someone who barely goes anywhere where else would I meet someone? So the post went like this:

 I'm a fun, loving, cool, friendly person. I love to laugh, go out to eat, for drinks, spa, shopping, etc. Looking for someone with similar interests. I've been on a fitness journey since January I'm not trying to be skinny just trying to be fit!!! I'm married, I have 3 kids, I run a home based baking business so I'm free most days early mornings and some evenings. I'm serious about the shows I watch like The Walking Dead, criminal minds, NCIS, The Big bang theory, LHHNY, Law & Order to name a few. If you find me interesting hit me up. Ladies only!!! I'm looking for someone who has time and shows that they are willing to put the work into building an amazing friendship via texting, phone calls, being able to hangout even if that mean just chillen in the house watching movies etc. If you can't commit to that then there is no need to waste either of our times... 

The responses were interesting to say the least.... I believe I was very specific in what I was seeking in a friend so If you don't meet the requirements then you shouldn't respond that was furthest from the case. At this point in my life I do not have time to play games, I know what I do and don't want and I want that to be respected. I know people are in different places in their lives but..... I've met 3 very cool people thus far.

As an adult how do you meet new people without it being awkward?
What do you look for in a friend?
At this age what are you not accepting? 

No comments:

Post a Comment